Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shakira Speaks On Stealing NiNi's Song......So Does NiNi

Today, Shakira used her Twitter for the  first time since setting it up back in 2008, and she made a simple tweet that said "I DIDN'T STEAL ANYONE'S SONG OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? THAT'S NOT A METAPHORICAL QUESTION I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?" She also did an interview a little while after that and she said that she respects NiNi, and she said any similarities in music or lyrics with her song is purely coincidental. She also said quote "I cant say she isn't worth stealing from because I'll be lying if I said that, but at the same time, I'm an artist and I have my own art just like she does, and I feel a real artist does what he or she has to do to follow their own art, taking someone elses art is not an artist, and if I'm going to call myself an artist, It wouldn't be ethical for me to steal anything from her or anyone else" When she was asked "Then how come your lyrics and your beat sounds just like hers then? She replied "As I said anything concerning the beat or lyrics is purely coincidental, I spoke to her, and she understands so honestly not trying to sound rude but that's all that really matters to me, in this game lots of music is recycled by producers everyday and turned into something better or easier to understand to different audiences, so therefore you may hear my song sound like hers one month then the next month you may hear her song sound like mine, it goes on and on its really a never ending cycle" NiNi has also spoken up on her site she said "Ay assholes, leave Shakira alone and I really mean that, y'all stupid and that goes for my artists too, all of y'all hear what you want and you all sound hella dumb so just be quiet she didn't steal nothing and to the dumb ass fans no there wont be any beef or diss songs so grow up" That statement pissed off many people but then again that's what she always does as this isn't the first time she has disrespected her fans and her response was "Do you guys wanna do something about it? I thought not" NiNi is at that point to where she can disrespect however many fans she wants and still never lose album sales even if she loses a couple of fans she can never lose them all, so go ahead NiNi do you lol. Any further comment by NiNi or Shakira was denied.

No comments: