Friday, August 22, 2014

Livin With NiNi Returns

After a break, everyone's beloved reality show has returned to VH1 last night in an explosive 1 hour episode. The show began with flashes of NiNi's stay at the hospital and her release and shows flashes of performances from her one woman show tour. It has words flash by that says "She Went Away" then it flashes again and says "Now She's Back!" and it flashes quickly all these different random images and the title explodes. The theme song begins playing and its a new version and as usual the names of all who star in the show appear, and at the end of the theme song she is on stage performing. The episode starts out with NiNi at home and it says "NiNi's house 6:45am and it shows the inside of her house where she is in the shower and she has a voice over she says "Its been a crazy month for me, its just been alot going on, but I'm finally wrapping up my tour, now its time to get this album prepped up and ready" It then shows her leave the house and it switches up to the PSR building where its advertised as "PSR Headquarters" Inside she goes up to the 3rd floor where she meets up with Tinashe where she introduced as "Tinashe PSR Artist" They hug it out and then Tinashe gets in the engineer seat, and uses the mixes and turns the beat to "Legit" on and they both began vibing out nodding and dancing to it. They discuss the concept and take out their note pads and both sit down on the couch and began writing lyrics. We see them writing and writing while the beat keeps repeating itself. It speeds up and everything goes fast and it says 35 minutes later and they are both ready to lay down their vocals. NiNi gets in the booth first, and puts the headphones on. Tinashe turns on the mic, and starts the beat. They do a mic check and NiNi tells her to turn the mic up a little, she does and she begins her verse. The next 20 or so minutes we got to witness them actually recording their super popular song "Legit" and we saw the entire process, the mistakes, the tongue tied spots, the going off key and the spots where you might run out of breath while singing or rapping. Its not perfect the first time, its alot that goes into making a song and NiNi showed us that it takes time to get it perfect. After they were satisfied with their vocals, Tinashe mixed the vocals down to make it sound more professional and they sent it to get mastered. TT (that's Tinashe) is actually very good on the control board. They eject the tape and label it "Legit" Then a voice over from Tinashe "So now that NiNi is back, we aren't wasting anytime, we just got through with our newest song called "Legit" and we have so many new ideas and we are just eager to get these tracks laid down so we can put together this album" Then NiNi voice over "Just got done laying down our newest song, I think it turned out really good, better then I expected it too, but that's just the beginning of my day" Then NiNi is out and she gets a call and its a woman identified as "Jessica Thorne, NiNi's Kids Teacher"We hear her on the other end of the phone and she says "Hello Mrs Nichols, I'm so sorry to bother you but your son was involved in a fight today and we need someone to come pick him up" Then she has a voice over and says "Ugh, I already have a million and one things to do today, and now my son is fighting, like I really need this today" NiNi then tells her "OK, Ill be by soon to get him and hangs up. She calls her husband twice, to try and see if he can pick him up instead, but he doesn't answer. She has a voice over and says "Exactly, he's not picking up, I always tell that man if it was a matter of life or death I'll be dead" She then calls her manager and tells him to cancel the next 2 hours of her schedule because she has to go pick up her son, her manager gets angry and tells her its already so much work missed, and that its shouldn't be anything getting cancelled or delayed. They got into a small argument and she has a voice over and says "Just what I need someone all in my ear about bleep (shit) that I already know" She tells him, did you not just hear what I said, I have to pick up my son so don't start with me" Her manager says "well why cant your husband do it" she says "if that was possible, would I still be on this phone with you getting yelled at by a prick? He says fine do what you gotta do" she says "damn, unbelievable" rolls her eyes and hangs up. She has a voice over and says "This might not be the right thing  to say, but sometimes I wish I was back in the hospital, at least I ain't got no worries there. She is shown hopping a jet which is her PSR jet and the plane is shown taking off into the clouds, and it goes to commercial. When it comes  back on the plane is shown landing and it says "Dallas Texas" then her husband finally calls her back and she says "Oh NOW you want to return my call?" He says "Babe I been trying to call you for the past hour, it kept saying out of reach" she says "well If you would've picked up the first 500 times I wouldn't have to be in Dallas would I? he said "why you out here"? she said "because your son got into a fight they're sending him home and needed someone to pick him up" he said "well don't trip ill go get him now' she says "I'm here now, I might as well do it, I wanna see them anyway" he says sorry" she says mmhmm" he says "see you soon" and she says "k bye" Voice over "So I'm on my way to go see my kids and I get an annoying phone call" It shows her driving with a bluetooth in her ear and her phone rings, she picks up and the caller is introduced as "Will Gerreal" who is the  head of NiNi distribution and marketing company and he informs her that being that she missed so much work lots of money was lost and the distribution company (who is responsible for paying for your album costs and whatever else you need to make your album a success) is not going to be able to pay for the full costs of the collab album that she is working on, and the rest will have to come out of her and Tinashe's pocket. NiNi felt that was ridiculous being that she made more then enough money in tour sales to cover it before she went to the hospital, but he insists that it wasn't enough and most of it went toward her medical expenses. Voice over: "So they're telling me that my album can't be made the traditional way because of low funds, if my company won't take care of it, Its coming out of my pocket and this album will wind up costing me over 100 million dollars maybe more, somebody is about to see my ass" She hung up with the man and pulled up to her kids school and she went inside and the teacher who talked to her on the phone greeted her and apologized again. She took her to where her son and daughter was and they ran up to her happy. They were introduced as 'Aaleyah NiNi's daughter" and Keivon NiNi's son" (They are LITERALLY her TWINS) She talked to the teacher for a second and left with the kids. In the car she asked if they wanted to spend the day with her and they were excited. Voice over "I know that I should drop them off and go back to work, but you know what, I don't care, I'm spending time with my kids today, I don't see them much as it is, now my time is for them" They hit Chuck E Cheeses, they stopped for ice cream, they did alot and it was nice to see NiNi as a mommy. She dropped them off at home which was advertised as "NiNi And Beith's House Dallas TX 6:30pm" She walked inside and called out for her husband and he came out the kitchen and was introduced as "Beith- NiNi's Husband" They hung out for a little while, but she had a voice over and said "OK I had a good day, but now its time to snap back to reality (sighs) She said bye to her kids and her husband and she had to leave and go back. It sped up and she landed back in Chicago where she went to the PSR building and found Rita Ora and Tamar Braxton in the middle of an argument. She broke it up, yelled at them and told them both to get out for 2 weeks without pay. They left. Voice over: These people are just like children, and honestly I'm not nobody's mama up in here, some of them are older then me are you serious? so its no more talking working it out, just get out, they both lucky they ain't leaving permanently, keep trying me though" She then misses out on pretty much everything she had scheduled that day, but she didn't care and said her children were much more important. I'm tired of writing, but something really crazy happened at the end of the episode. You can click here to view last night's explosive episode last night on VH1. New episode next Thursday at 9pm, don't miss it!  Sorry comment section aint working guys......

No comments: