Monday, January 6, 2014

NiNi Talks Role Model Says She Felt Trapped In New Interview

Today NiNi granted BET access to a private interview where she talked about many things and got really personal which she been doing a lot of lately. One of the things she talked about was being a role model and she said" I  know that kids these days growing up need something positive to look up too, but being that role model just isn't me anymore, for the first time In my entire career I am able to express myself in a way I cant do as a role model, I can express myself more sexually, I can come off as that gangsta wife, basically just do me" When she was asked does it bother her that children are sad because they lost the old NiNi, she replied 'Its no old anything its still me its just I cant express myself fully being one, I love the children I appreciate them believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself, but music is all about expression, if you're feeling a certain way you pour your heart out in the song, so if you feel angry you pour it out, if you're feeling horny you pour it out, its just a way to artistically express  the way you feel, and I think I have done enough role modeling and now its just time to be a role model to myself" She also spoke on her sex life which is also something she does a lot of, in fact most of NiNi's new songs are about sex and she speaks on sex a lot. She said "I don't see myself as that kind of lady in the streets freak in the sheets kind of person, I'm a freak no matter where but I also don't advertise it because I have no reason too" and she also said she likes to smoke after climaxing saying "I like to have sex when I'm drunk its nothing better then that, and then you get your climax, your toes curl up and you roll over and light up, I'll light up a cigarette a blunt whatever is available at that moment (Laughs) When she was asked do her and her husband have a healthy sex life she replied "If he can still get it up its a healthy sex life (Laughs) but yeah I don't see him as much as I should but when I do he shows me how much he misses me and I show him the same lets just leave it at that (laughs) She also spoke on her new album saying "I'm in the studio right now working with new producers I'm working with Jay, Neyo, The Dream, Maklamore, TYGA its just so much talent going onto this new album and it definitely will not be for children's ears. When she was asked to explain what she meant by that she said "I have matured in so many ways and its tons of things I always wanted to get off my chest on my previous albums but I always had to hold back because I was worrying about what this person might think or how this person may feel, and I never did what I wanted to do, now that's changing and I just don't feel its something kids under at least 16 should be hearing as I said I'm not trying to lose my younger audience but at the same time I can hope that the parents of my younger fans can understand that I just need to do what I feel is right for me" when she was asked about her younger artists copying she said "No no lets get that right my young artists are not biters they have their own style, but its the same aspect they too are feeling that they need to express themselves, I mean you see China is cussing and talking about sex in her songs which changed from songs about bubblegum to sex now, Ann Margaret is really deep in her grown business and many people look at me like oh why aren't you stopping them, like why would I no they aren't grown but at the same time, its expressing and if they feel that's the way they need to express themselves let them do it because If someone told me I cant express myself I wouldn't listen just because I am their boss doesn't mean I will kill their creativity I give them advice and the freedom to do what they feel, many people might think its wrong but you really have to be in our shoes to understand where we are coming from" She refused to answer any questions about her her buddy and her label seemingly going out of their way to disrespect GOD so that question was thrown out and she also mentioned about her famous album battle saying "Tearra is my girl she is amazingly talented but she grew balls with this (laughs) no one has ever done this to me before so I feel it will be interesting but I wont toot my own horn yet because she is really talented so who knows she might stomp all over me (laughs) guess we just have to see but I'm definitely ready looking forward to it and just like I told her you want a battle I will give you a battle and don't think I'm holding back just because you're my girl, the loser has to buy the winner a seafood dinner and come to work dressed in a tuxedo all day, and um I don't own a tuxedo (laughs) To check out NiNi's full 39 minute interview with BET click here

7 comments:

johnny1 said...

I love how nini is just so open now you can tell she changed but in my opinion she changed for the better its so nice to see her like this I remember a couple years back she wouldn't even mention her mans name now shes talking about having sex with him and getting a nut in smoking a cigarette like wow I love the new her I really do

johnny1 said...

hell yea its nice to see u like this nini now many more people can connect and relate to u believe that im one and I can compare myself to you now that I know what you like

johnny1 said...

yall people are weird yall actually thanking her for changing I really don't think she changed for yall lets be real

johnny1 said...

lol

johnny1 said...

you can tell she is definetley growing up she even look more grown now she dresses more grown she dresses more high class handbag and dior outfits no more stunna shades and jordans like babygirl is onher grown woman shit and nobody should be hating on that

johnny1 said...

real talk

johnny1 said...

that's whats up nini